Strazone: The mix between a calzone and a stromboli.
The Strazone that puts Pizza Hut & Dominoes to shame.
Buy Your Stuff.
- Pizza Dough (unless you make it fresh, I’ve yet to master that)
- Sauce for dipping,
- Mozarella cheese (a good two pounds of the stuff)
- Pepperoni (again, you’ll need a lot)
- Roll out your dough. (I tend to slam mine on the stove/other hard surface and work it that way) You want a nice even disk about the size of a medium pizza, maybe a little bigger.
- Start adding the fillings like you would make a pizza. JUST DON’T ADD SAUCE. You want to start layering cheese (always put the cheese first, it makes the crust more chewy and delicious), pepperoni and whatever you decide that you feel is completely appropriate to add. (You can make it a hand and a half sandwich by adding pasta, but I’ll save that for another post).
- Roll it up or fold it over itself. Whatever you choose, be careful. Also depending on what you choose, you’ll have to cook it longer. I rolled mine up and I had to cook it for an hour at 400 before it was cooked all the way through.
- Brush the top of the dough with melted butter and sprinkle with excess mozzarella cheese (or parmesan). It gives a golden brown colour and tastes delicious.
- Let it cook.
- Let it sit in the oven for a bit longer with the oven off.
- Cut it into serving pieces (one strazone can feed 3 people comfortably)
- Serve warm with sauce.