I ended up making cube steak today. Oddly, it came out rather delicious. It was, however missing the potatoes. You can’t really have cube steak without some sort of potatoes, yet I pulled it off.
A Quick Recipe:
- 1 Package of Cube steak.
- 1 (maybe 2) medium onions, chopped, not diced.
- Chop up onions. If you don’t know how, start by ridding the onion of the skin. Chop it in half and then begin chopping it into half discs. (I wish I had pictures) Set aside in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet on the stove. Be careful not to burn yourself. You know the oil is heated when you can put a wooden spoon in the oil and it creates tiny bubbles.
- When the oil is ready, place one cube steak in, add all of the onions and cover. Let the cube steak cook for 3 minutes on medium heat for both sides.
- Repeat until you run out of cube steaks.
- Serve cube steaks, warm, on a plate with the onions piled on top.
While everything was delicious, I felt having cube steaks without potatoes was like Sherlock without Watson. It didn’t feel right.
There’s always next time, I suppose, in which case I’ll also be able to take pictures.