These noodles may look pretty ugly, but they’re a breeze to make and super flavorful.
What goes into ’em?
- Whole wheat pasta (your preference)
- chicken (either baked or pan seared)
- diced tomatoes
- thinly sliced white onion
- chicken stock
Additionally you could add:
- sautéed/roasted peppers
- white wine
- other veggies of your preference
- Cheese for garnish
The method is simple, and quick too if you’re on a time constraint.
- cook pasta until barely firm (if it’s shape pasta, I cook it for 5-8 minutes, if it’s linguine or spaghetti, I cook it for 3-5 minutes)
- While the pasta cooks, warm up a large skillet. When the skillet is hot, add olive oil. When the oil is hot (shimmering is an indication), add the onion and garlic and sauté until onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant, about a two minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, juice and all, reducing the heat. Allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes or until liquid is reduced.
- Add pasta straight from the pan adding 1/4C of cooking water to the pan with the tomatoes.
- Turn up the heat and add 1/4C chicken stock, bring to a boil and reduce heat, allowing the pasta to simmer and soak up most of the liquid, cooking it for 5-8 minutes or until desired doneness is reached
- Add pasta to warmed bowl and top with sliced chicken breast.
Feel free to serve with salad to complete the meal.